Saturday 16 November 2013

A New Venture......


As anyone out there who has happened upon this blog knows, I am a huge fan of the actor Ben Whishaw. As I don't have many friends in the non-virtual world aka the "real" world who share my appreciation of this wonderful being, I'm feeling rather lonely......

I would like to start an online fan site or community for all my fellow Whishaw admirers. I have to admit to  selfish motives in wanting to provide this community service..... I just want to find like-minded souls I can talk to about Ben!!!

For a long time, I have followed and read blogs and fan sites (run by some amazing people) for other fancies of mine but I never had the get up and go to start my own. I'm stabbing in the dark here as I really don't know how to go about it but I'm certainly going to give it a try....

My main ground rule in setting up anything like this is that it will be a  fan site with the intention of discussing the work and not the personal life. We can all enjoy the photos from public events and  photo shoots (and lets face it our boy has done some fantastic photo shoots) but the line stops there. Ben is a private person who wishes his private life to remain private. In setting up a site, I want to respect that and not offend him in any way. 

I have been thinking, since I started writing this blog, about how to attract an audience. 

What will make people read and connect with me and my virtual persona?
What are the best social media platforms to use?
How can I let people who may be interested in my site know that it exists?

The questions are endless and I am still at a loss to answer most of them. 

I really want to start this venture and I have set up a Google + community called "I need to talk about Ben Whishaw" which can be found at this address:
Eventually, I want to set up a full fan site and get other fans who are interested to run it with me. I believe the virtual world if managed properly is a great way for us to share and collaborate with like minded people. 

If you feel the same about Mr Whishaw, or social media collaboration, I would love to hear from you. Please contact me on this blog, or via the following other links:




No comments:

Post a Comment